Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
Have you ever had that gut feeling that something just isn’t right? If you’re starting to get that feeling about your HVAC system you don’t necessarily have to schedule a service call just yet. There are some simple things you can do yourself that might do the trick so you don’t have to call your HVAC technician.
1.Check to make sure your home/business is getting electrical power. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- During the day it’s harder to notice if the power is out. Surprisingly this is the main culprit more often than you may think.
2. Check the air filter. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- Your air filter should be changed regularly. They’re the catch all preventing dust, dirt, and pollen from entering your home/business. If left unchanged (especially in Eastern Canada) your filter can become clogged and restrict the air flowing through your system.
3. Check the batteries in the thermostat. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- If your display isn’t lighting up, don’t panic, just change the batteries!
4. Check the circuit breaker (fuse box). Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- Simply reset the breaker to your HVAC unit if it has been tripped. Please keep in mind that when a circuit breaker is tripped, it happened for a safety measure. You may alternatively need to call an electrician to take a look.
5. Check the area around your unit. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- Your outdoor unit is the entrance point for air going it into your home/business. Debris such as leaves are easily sucked onto the surface of the outdoor unit and cause a suffocating effect on the entire system. Clear at least a 3 foot radius free of debris around the unit to ensure a healthy air flow.
If these simple tips don’t do the trick, call your preferred local HVAC technician. Tell them if you need any parts, you want them from Snowdon. As the leading HVAC distributor of Eastern Canada we’re guaranteed to have the highest quality parts that will give your HVAC system the highest efficiency.
If you have any questions feel free to call us or come visit us at:
THE ONE STOP HVAC MOTOR DISTRIBUTOR RIGHT HERE IN MISSISSAUGA. WE OFFER A COMPETE LINE OF ELECTRIC MOTORS, BELTS, FAN BLADES, PULLEYS, BEARINGS & ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES TO MEET YOUR EVERYDAY NEEDS. Proud distributors of the Gates Corporation Product Line. Founded in 1911...read more
Things to Check before You Turn on Your Furnace The fall and winter seasons are almost upon us and it’s just about time to turn on your furnace, but don’t fire it up just yet. There are a few things you need to check to ensure your system works properly that will also...read more
HVAC Problems HVAC units are typically very reliable and can “live” longer than the average pet, however sometimes, like any mechanical unit they run into problems. Many common problems are easily fixable and can even be do-it-yourself projects, however for the big...read more
Best HVAC Setting In Canada, we’re no strangers to unpredictable weather. Each year it seems that the summer gets hotter and the winter gets colder… Whether or not the temperature outside is actually changing from year to year, you’re likely to have a favorite HVAC...read more
HVAC Distributor for all your HVAC problems Canadians are heavily dependent on HVAC to keep cool during the summertime and warm during the cold winter months. In some regions HVAC can be considered a necessity due to the extreme weather conditions. As a result, there...read more
Sign Your Air Conditioner is Low on Freon in Mississauga Your air conditioner needs Freon (a brand name of refrigerant) to operate. When you’re system is low on Freon or is improperly charged, it can’t perform at its best and you’ll begin to notice a few changes in...read more