Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
Have you ever had that gut feeling that something just isn’t right? If you’re starting to get that feeling about your HVAC system you don’t necessarily have to schedule a service call just yet. There are some simple things you can do yourself that might do the trick so you don’t have to call your HVAC technician.
1.Check to make sure your home/business is getting electrical power. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- During the day it’s harder to notice if the power is out. Surprisingly this is the main culprit more often than you may think.
2. Check the air filter. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- Your air filter should be changed regularly. They’re the catch all preventing dust, dirt, and pollen from entering your home/business. If left unchanged (especially in Eastern Canada) your filter can become clogged and restrict the air flowing through your system.
3. Check the batteries in the thermostat. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- If your display isn’t lighting up, don’t panic, just change the batteries!
4. Check the circuit breaker (fuse box). Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- Simply reset the breaker to your HVAC unit if it has been tripped. Please keep in mind that when a circuit breaker is tripped, it happened for a safety measure. You may alternatively need to call an electrician to take a look.
5. Check the area around your unit. Before You Call Your HVAC Technician
- Your outdoor unit is the entrance point for air going it into your home/business. Debris such as leaves are easily sucked onto the surface of the outdoor unit and cause a suffocating effect on the entire system. Clear at least a 3 foot radius free of debris around the unit to ensure a healthy air flow.
If these simple tips don’t do the trick, call your preferred local HVAC technician. Tell them if you need any parts, you want them from Snowdon. As the leading HVAC distributor of Eastern Canada we’re guaranteed to have the highest quality parts that will give your HVAC system the highest efficiency.
If you have any questions feel free to call us or come visit us at: